Isostar Extreme Man 2014
The 2014 edition of the Isostar Extreme Man intermediate distance triathlon will take place in Salou on 11 May.
This is one of the most important events in the country in this type of competition and attracts triathletes from all over Spain and the rest of Europe.
This year the Salou race kicks off the 2014 calendar, which is premiering two new venues – Riaza in Segovia and Düren in Germany. The six dates for 2014 are:
- Salou (Costa Daurada, Spain): 11 May
- Düren (Germany): 1 June
- Getxo (Basque Country, Spain): 21 June
- Riaza (Segovia, Spain): 27 July
- Narbonne (France): 7 September
- Menorca (Balearic Islands, Spain): 21 September
Salou, starting point for the Extreme Man 2014
For the fourth consecutive year the resort is hosting the Isostar Extreme Man Salou championship, a sporting event that over the years has consolidated its position as a leading intermediate distance triathlon.
Proof of this can be seen in the increase in the number of participants, which tripled in 2013 (with a total of 11 countries represented), and the standard of the competing athletes. During the official Extreme Man 2014 presentation in Madrid on 28 February, the organisers announced that among the participants in Salou would be the five-time champion of the Nice Ironman and twice champion of Embrumnam, Marcel Zamora.
Extreme Man Salou will start at 7 am on Sunday 11 May. This year’s race will consist of the following stages:
- Swimming 1,900 metres from the Llevant Beach in Salou.
- Cycling 90 km starting in Salou, passing through Tarragona and finishing in Hospitalet de l’Infant, mainly along the A7 dual carriageway. This year the organisers have put safety first and opted for a route that will be closed to traffic and is practically flat, thus allowing the triathletes to ride at the maximum speed.
- Running 21 km along a route that, as every year, will pass through the magnificent scenery of Salou’s Platja Llarga.
Register for Extreme Man Salou
If you haven’t registered yet, you can access the official Extreme Man website from here and if you’re looking for accommodation there is a wide range of hotels in Salou where you can stay during the competition weekend.
They all offer competitors breakfast from 5.30 am on the race day and permission to keep equipment in the rooms/apartments:
- Hotel Blaumar, Salou: the only hotel in the resort overlooking the seafront promenade where all the Salou Extreme Man trials start. The rooms are apartment-type with a kitchenette, ideal for athletes who may need to prepare something to eat at any time of the day or night. Rates from 94€ per night for two persons.
- Magnolia Hotel Salou: a designer hotel located just back from the seafront and beach and only 50 metres from the bike storage area. Salou’s only child-free hotel guarantees the peace and quiet you need. Rates from 96€ per night for two persons.
- Les Dàlies Apartments: a modern apartment complex just 300 metres from the finishing line. A more economic accommodation option for the competition with apartments for 4 persons from just 54€ per night.
For further information please call or email the Reside Hotels Reservations Centre: 977.350.150 – firstname.lastname@example.org